We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Jared
Jared Sep 6 '11
I did search the forum. I set my permission to 0777 in my file manager. I then clicked save or whatnot in the language menu. Nothing thus far has worked. Any other solutions?

Thanks 
Den Team
Den Sep 6 '11
Hi
Would you more describe what the issue is?
Jared
Jared Sep 6 '11
When I goto upload an avatar or profile it give me this error code each and every time no matter the size of the picture "Please choose image file".

Also when I goto upload pictures it give me the little broken picture thing instead of the picture I tried to upload.

Den Team
Den Sep 7 '11
Would you enable DEV_MODE and DEBUG_MODE in your ow_includes/config.php file and try to upload avatar/photo again. You will see an actual error message.
Jared
Jared Sep 7 '11
How would I go about enabling these modes? I'm in my file manager and I see them but how do I edit them to enable them?
Den Team
Den Sep 8 '11
You ned to change it's value from "false" to "true".
Jared
Jared Sep 8 '11
That's what I thought. I did that and I still get the same message as before "Please choose image file"
Sergey
Sergey Sep 8 '11
Quote from Jared When I goto upload an avatar or profile it give me this error code each and every time no matter the size of the picture "Please choose image file". Also when I goto upload pictures it give me the little broken picture thing instead of the picture I tried to upload.
Problem in .htaccess fileI solved this problem so ow_userfiles/.htaccess rewrite code in file. Instead Options All -Indexes, write it Options -Indexes
Jared
Jared Sep 11 '11
Let me give this a go later on today and I'll report back with my findings.
Jared
Jared Sep 11 '11
It still says "Please Upload Image File". I changed the code in .htaccess.
Den Team
Den Sep 13 '11
Would you send me your FTP and admin details please?
Jajang
Jajang Sep 16 '11
Help me please "Please choose image file"
Spencer Woods
Spencer Woods Sep 18 '11
If you are using host gator with the quick install to load the files it will be missing the libraries for the photo part. So you have to do a manual install plus the quick install is an older version of oxwall social network.
The Forum post is edited by Spencer Woods Sep 18 '11
Den Team
Den Sep 19 '11
Jajang
Would you post more details? What image file you try to upload? Did you try to enable DEV_MODE in ow_includes/config.php?
Nicholas Anderson
Nicholas Anderson Sep 23 '11

Quote from Sergey
Quote from Jared When I goto upload an avatar or profile it give me this error code each and every time no matter the size of the picture "Please choose image file". Also when I goto upload pictures it give me the little broken picture thing instead of the picture I tried to upload.
Problem in .htaccess fileI solved this problem so ow_userfiles/.htaccess rewrite code in file. Instead Options All -Indexes, write it Options -Indexes
When I did this, it destroyed my theme that I had installed. Don't try this.

Nicholas Anderson
Nicholas Anderson Sep 23 '11

Quote from Spencer Woods If you are using host gator with the quick install to load the files it will be missing the libraries for the photo part. So you have to do a manual install plus the quick install is an older version of oxwall social network.
How do you manually install?
Jennifer
Jennifer Sep 24 '11
Will I need to un-install my Oxwall first --the one that I installed using QuickInstall -- in order to get a clean manual install?
Aries
Aries Oct 2 '11
.htaccess

deny from all

allow from all

whether it can be replaced
Aries
Aries Oct 2 '11
if no one has been able to find this problem ...?
Dirk
Dirk Dec 16 '14
HI,

I have the same problem. I cant upload any photo and keeps telling me the file limit has exceed. Does any one has the solution?

Pages: 1 2 »